Tuesday, March 20, 2012

best, easiest, quickest cake recipe!

i don't know about you, i think that any bought cakes of biscuits pale in comparison with home made.
traditionally Sunday is backing day. i turn up my fave radio station in the kitchen and boogie away while i bake.
recently i went to my German friend Gudrun's birthday party and she presented us with a lovely variety of German treats, one of which was an especially moist delicious cake.
when she told me how easy it is to make i tried it and i have to say it really is the quickest, loveliest recipe i have ever come across!

it literally involves throwing all these ingredients in a bowl;

1 cup oil (not olive oil)
1 cup sugar
3 cups flour
1 cup milk
4 eggs
5 teaspoons baking powder

in any random order, mixing it for a minute, pouring it into a large roasting pan lined with baking paper, about;
15inches-39cm x 12inches-30cm x 1.5inches-3cm deep 
and baking it for about 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees.
It is brilliant if you need quite a large amount for a party etc.
i freeze half of it.
you can change it every time by adding choc chips,lemon, coconut, nuts, choco powder,fresh berries, dried fruit etc etc,
you could ice it, however the quickest way is to simply dust with icing sugar.
if you never bake, try this! you'll be a hit!
i would love to hear from you if you have tried it!

5 comments:

Rainbow Vintage Home said...

Looks yummy, I may make some to celebrate winning your competition! Thanks for sharing. x

annie said...

Easy and delicious- that's my language!

Cynthia Rahardja Clancy said...

Oh gosh, I gave up dessert for lent. It's been reasonably easy so far, but now I want cake! :) I spend my early childhood in Germany and have been missing their desserts terribly. I'm neither talented nor much interested in cooking & baking. But when I saw this great recipe, I knew what I will be making for Easter morning! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Have baked the cake and YUM!! So easy, sprinled with frozen berries and ate with marscapone. Thank you Ellen.

Helen

paper tubes said...

Thanks for the articles, have book marked them and will definitely be taking forward some of their advice. Thanks again! I’ll be back for more tips next week!
paper products